Brendan Rodgers’ side are reportedly interested in a move for the highly-rated 21-year-old, and it is believed that the Reds are willing to part with around ??15million for the central midfielder.
But Kovacic has moved to allay rumours surrounding his future, insisting he is still happy at the San Siro with four years remaining on his contract.
“For now I’m still happy in Italy, but we’ll see about the future,” Kovacic told Tuttosport.
“Now I’m thinking about my holidays. I only know that I’m due back on July 5.
“That’s why I haven’t heard anything from the club yet.
“There’s no need for us to talk, I recently renewed my contract.
“I’m not expecting any further notifications, but of course you never know with the transfer market.”
Inter boss Roberto Mancini also remains confident the club can keep hold on the Croatian international.
The former Manchester City manager told Sky Italia earlier last week: “I think he’ll stay. I don’t think we’ll sell our top players, I don’t think that’s a risk.”
After securing deals for James Milner, Danny Ings and Adam Bogdan on Bosman deals already this summer, Liverpool have also been linked with the likes of Nathaniel Clyne and Luciano Vietto.