Harlequins pip Worcester in London

Harlequins produced an excellent second half display to beat the Worcester Warriors 34-14 in London on Saturday.

It's a big win for Quins as it sees them jump up the points table from ninth to fifth, bumping Northampton Saints down to sixth place. With no points from the game Worcester remains second last on the table, only above Bristol. 

The first-half was an even affair with the sides scoring a try a piece. Danny Care opened the scoring early on before Jackson Willison responded with a try for Worcester to send the sides into half-time level. 

The second half was a completely different affair, tries from James Horwill, Mike Brown, Joe Marchant and Tim Visser saw the hosts run away with the victory. 

Ben Te'o celebrated his call-up to the England squad with a try for Warriors but it was not enough as Quins ran away with the victory. 

The opening try of the match was scored by Quins after just three minutes, Visser intercepted the ball inside the hosts' half. He brought the ball forward before playing in Danny Care who scored the opening try of the match. Nick Evans added the conversion for an early seven-point lead. 

Warriors responded with a try of their own after 11 minutes, Te'o broke through the defence brilliantly before setting in Willison to score. Schillcock converted to bring his side level. 

Joe Marler was sent to the sin-bin with half an hour on the clock for collapsing a maul. However, this was the only further action of the half as Worcester failed to take advantage of having an extra man leaving the half-time scores even at 7-7. 

Horwill scored the hosts' second try five minutes after the interval. A long spell of possession ending in a powerful close-range effort from Horwill. Evans scored the conversion from a tricky angle to re-establish the hosts' seven-point lead. 

Quins extended their lead soon after in the 49th minute, Brown darted through a gap in the visitors' defence to score. Evans added the extras once more to put his side into a commanding 14-point lead.

Worcester hit back in the 51st minute, when Te'o played in by Willison before breaking through the home side's defence to score. Shillcock was on target with the conversion attempt to make the score 21-14.

In the 63rd minute, Evans scored a penalty for Harlequins. This was before Marchant intercepted from the visitors' restart to run in and score from 80 metres out, securing the bonus point. The hosts' lead was extended further late on as Alofa Alofa raced through in the 80th minute. He played Visser in to score his side's fifth try of the match. Swiel converted with the last kick of the match to secure a 36-14 victory.

The scorers:

For Harlequins:
Tries: Brown, Care, Horwill, Marchant, Visser
Cons: Evans 3
Pens: Evans

For Worcester:
Tries: Willison, Te'o
Cons: Shillcock 2

Harlequins: 15 Mike Brown, 14 Marland Yarde, 13 Joe Marchant, 12 Winston Stanley, 11 Tim Visser, 10 Nick Evans, 9 Danny Care (c), 8 James Chisholm, 7 Luke Wallace, 6 Chris Robshaw, 5 James Horwill, 4 Charlie Matthews, 3 Will Collier, 2 Rob Buchanan, 1 Joe Marler
Replacements: 16 Joe Gray, 17 Mark Lambert, 18 Adam Jones, 19 Mat Luamanu, 20 Dave Ward, 21 Karl Dickson, 22 Tim Swiel, 23 Alofa Alofa

Worcester Warriors: 15 Jamie Shillcock, 14 Chris Pennell, 13 Jackson Willison, 12 Ben Te'o, 11 Dean Hammond, 10 Ryan Lamb, 9 Jonny Arr, 8 Phil Dowson (c), 7 Carl Kirwan, 6 Alafoti Faosiliva, 5 Darren Barry, 4 Donncha O'Callaghan, 3 Nick Schonert, 2 Jaba Bregvadze, 1 Val Rapava Ruskin
Replacements: 16 Niall Annett, 17 Na'ama Leleimalefaga, 18 James Johnston, 19 Charlie Hewitt, 20 Dewald Potgieter, 21 Luke Baldwin, 22 Josh Adams , 23 Wynand Olivier