Ray Rice has said he is hopeful of resuming his NFL career after his indefinite suspension from the game was overturned on Friday.
The running back was released by the Baltimore Ravens after a video of him knocking his wife unconscious with a punch emerged, with the high-profile domestic violence case leading to his suspension.
However, that decision was laid aside last week, meaning that Rice is free to sign for a new team. Four teams have been linked with the 27-year-old, and Rice is optimistic about returning to action, but knows that on the surface he may not be the most appealing hire.
"They would have to be willing to look deeper into who I am and realize that me and my wife had one bad night, and I took full responsibility for it," Rice told the Today show of possible suitors.
"And one thing about my punishment and everything going along with anything that happened is that I've accepted it. I went fully forward with it. I never complained, or I never did anything like that. I took full responsibility for everything that I did, and the only thing I can hope for and wish for is a second chance."
Rice had spent his entire career with the Ravens prior to his termination, having been picked up by the Baltimore outfit in the 2008 draft.