Del Potro enjoying Wimbledon preparations

Juan Martin Del Potro says he is enjoying his preparation for Wimbledon at the Boodles Exhibition event and is having no issues with his troublesome wrist so far.

The former world number four has had surgery to his left wrist twice since it first started troubling him in 2012. He missed the entire 2014 tennis season recovering from surgery and had another operation in 2015 that kept him on the sidelines.

In his opening match at the Boodles event on Tuesday, Del Potro defeated Borna Coric 6-2, 6-3 and will next be in action on Thursday when he plays against Frenchman Gilles Simon. 

In an interview on the Boodles website, the Argentinean said he was enjoying himself at the event and really loved the crowd participation.

"I'm so happy to be playing tennis again, these sorts of events are amazing for the players and I've been here a couple of times before – it's a great chance to prepare for Wimbledon.  

"The crowd here are amazing with the players and they seem to really enjoy all of our matches." 

Del Potro added that his wrist was feeling fine and he was happy with his Wimbledon preparations.

"I think everything is normal, everything has gone how we expected and it will get better in the future," said Del Potro.  

"I'm very confident in my rehab and the doctor told me I'll be better for sure.  

"I'll keep working hard to be prepared and be ready and if I finish out this year I will be strong enough for next season."
 
Thursday's Boodles Exhibition matches:

12:30 – John Isner (USA)  v Jeremy Chardy (FRA)
14:30 – Novak Djokovic (SRB) v Nick Kyrgios (AUS)

Followed by
Juan Martin Del Potro (ARG) v Gilles Simon (FRA)
Borna Coric (CRO) v Fabio Fognini (ITA)

“Catch former champions Richard Krajicek and Marion Bartoli, as well as host, Jason de la Pena, in FOX Sports’ coverage of The Championships, Wimbledon, starting in just 4 days.”

Comments