Rafael Nadal has revealed that he will sue a former French sports minister after she accused him of doping.
Last week, Roselyne Bachelot, the former Minister for Health and Sport said the Nadal’s knee injury in 2012 – where he spent seven months on the sidelines – was a cover for a failed drug test.
The Spaniard reacted strongly to the statement, following his second round win over Gilles Muller at the BNP Paribas Open on Sunday evening.
“There is a couple of times that I’ve heard comments like this and this is going to be the last one, because I’m going to sue her,” revealed the 29-year-old.
“I’ve let it go a few times in the past but not anymore. I know how tough I work to be here, to listen to her, to comments from a person who should be serious, because she was a minister of a big country, a great country like France…so I’m going to sue her.
“In the past I didn’t want to go for justice, to sue the people who said these things because I didn’t think they were serious, but a minister of France should be serious.
“So this is the time to go against her, we’re going to sue her, and from this day on I tell you that everyone who has another comment in this way, it’s going to happen the same.”