American tennis player Venus Williams has reached seventh spot in the latest WTA ranking after her win in the Zhuhai Masters in China this past weekend.
The 35-year-old has jumped from 11th place to seventh to become the oldest woman to have featured in the list since Martina Navratilova in 1995.
The last time the seven-time Grand Slam winner topped the world rankings was in 2002.
Venus' younger sister Serena Williams remains the dominant force in women's tennis sitting on top of the rankings with 9,945 points well clear of Romania's Simona Halep in second place on 6 060 points.
The current top 10 in WTA rankings are:
1. Serena Williams (USA) 9,945 points
2. Simona Halep (ROM) 6,060
3. Garbie Muguruza (ESP) 5,200
4. Maria Sharapova (RUS) 5,011
5. Agnieszka Radwanska (POL) 4,500
6. Petra Kvitova (CZE) 4,220
7. Venus Williams (USA) 3,790 ( 4)
8. Flavia Pennetta (ITA) 3,621 (-1)
9. Lucie Safarova (CZE) 3,590 (-1)
10. Angelique Kerber (GER) 3,590