Reigning champion Marc Marquez became the first rider to break the 1:55 bracket at Losail this weekend when he again set the fastest lap during FP2 in Qatar on Friday.
The 22-year-old Spaniard clocked a 1:54.828s to finish almost half a second ahead of his Repsol Honda team-mate Dani Pedrosa, who also bettered his FP1 time with a 1:55.275s.
Italian rider Andrea Dovizioso was third quickest on his Ducati another tenth behind, with his team-mate Andrea Iannone, was fifth quickest in 1:55.404.
British rider Cal Crutchlow on the CWM LCR Honda was the meat in the Ducati sandwich with a time of 1:55.397s to finish Friday's second session in fourth place.
Movistar Yamaha pair Jorge Lorenzo and Valentino Rossi were in sixth and seventh with times of 1:55.609s and 1:55.618s respectively.
The surprise package during FP2 was Mike de Meglio on the Avintia Ducati, who moved into eighth place, with Monster Yamaha Tech 3's Bradley Smith and Hector Barbera (Avintia Ducati) rounding out the top 10.
After finishing in third place in FP1, Suzuki's Aleix Espargaro was in 11th in FP2 but eighth fastest on the combined times off the back of his FP1 time.
Pramac Ducati's Danilo Petrucci (21st fastest) was the only other rider not to better his time from Thursday.
Premier class newcomer Maverick Vinales was 14th quickest on the Suzuki, while Nicky Hayden on the Open class Aspar Honda was in 15th.
German rider Stefan Bradl was the top Open class rider on Thursday but could only muster a time 18th fastest on his Athina Forward Yamaha and finished one spot ahead of another rookie, Eugene Laverty, on the second Aspar Honda.
Scott Redding was 16th on the Marc VDS Honda.
Free Practice (2) results from the 2015 Qatar MotoGP
1. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 1m 54.828s [Lap 3/16] 345km/h (Top Speed)
2. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 1m 55.275s 0.447s [4/16] 347km/h
3. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP15) 1m 55.366s 0.538s [3/17] 345km/h
4. Cal Crutchlow GBR CWM LCR Honda (RC213V) 1m 55.397s 0.569s [15/16] 342km/h
5. Andrea Iannone ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP15) 1m 55.404s 0.576s [16/16] 344km/h
6. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 1m 55.609s 0.781s [4/17] 343km/h
7. Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 1m 55.618s 0.790s [16/19] 337km/h
8. Mike Di Meglio FRA Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14 Open) 1m 55.707s 0.879s [11/12] 344km/h
9. Bradley Smith GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 1m 55.741s 0.913s [14/18] 344km/h
10. Hector Barbera ESP Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14 Open) 1m 55.838s 1.010s [3/16] 342km/h
11. Aleix Espargaro ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 1m 55.847s 1.019s [2/15] 330km/h
12. Yonny Hernandez COL Pramac Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 1m 55.970s 1.142s [15/16] 346km/h
13. Pol Espargaro ESP Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 1m 56.004s 1.176s [3/15] 345km/h
14. Maverick Viñales ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR)* 1m 56.036s 1.208s [15/15] 333km/h
15. Nicky Hayden USA Aspar (RC213V-RS) 1m 56.086s 1.258s [13/17] 335km/h
16. Scott Redding GBR Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V) 1m 56.133s 1.305s [15/15] 341km/h
17. Karel Abraham CZE Cardion AB Motoracing (RC213V-RS) 1m 56.178s 1.350s [10/15] 336km/h
18. Stefan Bradl GER Athina Forward Racing (Forward Yamaha) 1m 56.181s 1.353s [16/17] 338km/h
19. Eugene Laverty IRL Aspar (RC213V-RS)* 1m 56.333s 1.505s [16/16] 334km/h
20. Jack Miller AUS CWM LCR Honda (RC213V-RS)* 1m 56.578s 1.750s [15/15] 337km/h
21. Danilo Petrucci ITA Pramac Racing (Desmosedici GP14.1) 1m 56.657s 1.829s [13/17] 343km/h
22. Loris Baz FRA Athina Forward Racing (Forward Yamaha)* 1m 56.966s 2.138s [14/15] 332km/h
23. Alex De Angelis RSM Octo IodaRacing (ART) 1m 57.509s 2.681s [3/18] 328km/h
24. Alvaro Bautista ESP Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 1m 57.868s 3.040s [4/12] 335km/h
25. Marco Melandri ITA Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 1m 58.542s 3.714s [10/12] 335km/h