Aruba Ducati rider Chaz Davies made it two WorldSBK wins at the Lausitsring when he won Race 2 in Germany on Sunday.
Davies passed reigning world champion Jonathan Rea on his Kawasaki at half distance and managed to hold him off for a one-second lead to claim his second victory of the weekend after winning Race 1 on Saturday.
— WorldSBK (@WorldSBK) August 20, 2017
Rea came in second to increase his lead in the rider standings while coming in to grab third place was Davies' teammate Marco Melandri.
Tom Sykes drops to 70 points behind Rea when he came in fourth after taking too much time to get past the likes of Fores, Lorenzo Savadori and Leon Camier.
Finishing fifth was Pata Yamaha's Alex Lowes ahead of MV Agusta rider Camier and Savadori on his Milwaukee Aprilia in seventh.
Closing out the top ten were – Jordi Torres(Althea BMW Racing Team), Markus Reiterberger(Van Zon Remeha BMW) and taking tenth place was Javier Fores of Ducati's BARNI Racing Team.
Michael van der Mark took 11th place on the factory Yamaha ahead of Leandro Mercado (IodaRacing Aprilia) as Stefan Bradl recovered to claim 13th place for Red Bull Honda.
Full Race 2 results from the 2017 World Superbike Championship at Lausitzring, Germany:
1. Chaz Davies GBR Aruba.it Racing Ducati Panigale R 21 laps
2. Jonathan Rea GBR Kawasaki Racing ZX-10RR 2.290s
3. Marco Melandri ITA Aruba.it Racing Ducati Panigale R 4.388s
4. Tom Sykes GBR Kawasaki Racing ZX-10RR 14.167s
5. Alex Lowes GBR PATA Crescent Yamaha R1 15.786s
6. Leon Camier GBR MV Agusta RC F4 RR 16.023s
7. Lorenzo Savadori ITA Milwaukee Aprilia RSV4 16.138s
8. Jordi Torres ESP Althea BMW S1000RR 16.900s
9. Markus Reiterberger GER Van Zon Remeha BMW S1000RR 20.355s
10. Xavi Fores ESP Barni Ducati Panigale R 24.066s
11. Michael van der Mark NED PATA Yamaha YZF-R1 24.885s
12. Leandro Mercado ARG IodaRacing Aprilia RSV4 35.566s
13. Stefan Bradl GER Red Bull Honda CBR1000RR SP2 36.772s
14. Raffaele De Rosa ITA Althea BMW S1000RR 38.508s
15. Roman Ramos ESP Team Go Eleven Kawasaki ZX-10RR 39.613s
16. Ondrej Jezek CZE Grillini Kawasaki ZX-10RR 1m
17. Davide Giugliano ITA Red Bull Honda CBR1000RR SP2 1m
18. Ayrton Badovini ITA Grillini Kawasaki ZX-10RR 1m
19. Massimo Roccoli ITA Guandalini Yamaha YZF-R1 1m
Did not finish:
Randy Krummenacher SWI Puccetti Kawasaki ZX-10RR
Riccardo Russo ITA Pedercini Kawasaki ZX-10RR
Pawel Szkopek POL Pazera Racing Team Yamaha YZF-R1
Eugene Laverty IRE Milwaukee Aprilia RSV4