Fernando Alonso has revealed that his future may not be resolved until December as he continues to assess all his options for 2018.
Alonso is out of contract at McLaren-Honda at the end of the season and has previously stated that he would use the summer break to decide on his next destination whilst leaving the door open for his current team to provide him with a car that is capable of winning races.
With that being a highly unlikely possibility and options elsewhere seemingly limited given that Mercedes and Ferrari are both set to retain their driver line-ups for next year, it may force Alonso to look beyond Formula 1 for his next challenge.
"Formula One is still my priority, it's my life, and winning the world championship is what I'm hoping," Alonso told CNN's The Circuit.
"If I don't see any project that will allow me to fight for the win I will look outside F1 — but that's (a decision I will make around) November-December. I will try all the possibilities before that."
— Formula 1 (@F1) August 16, 2017
Alonso also stated that he still has hopes of winning the Triple Crown, but may not return for another crack at the Indy 500 as soon as next year.
"It may happen," Alonso said. "I would like to go back there but maybe not in the very near future."
Experience the full coverage of the FIA Formula One season throughout 2017 on FOX Sports Play, where you can watch LIVE races from angles unlike any other, highlights, interviews, behind the scenes and many more. Don’t miss it!