Marc Marquez finished top of the timesheet in Saturday's FP3 session for the German MotoGP at the Sachsenring.
The reigning World Champion set a 1:20.745 in dry conditions, over a second quicker than his previous best time in FP1 and comfortably sealing his place in Q2 as a result.
Maverick Vinales recovered from early off to finish in P2, while Jonas Folger's consistent pace throughout the session saw him finish inside the top three.
Aleix Espargaro completed an all-Spanish top four, with Cal Crutchlow coming home in P5.
Valentino Rossi, who suffered his second breakdown of the weekend, ended all danger of having to go into Q1 by rising from P14 to P6 when switching back to his number one bike, equipped with fresh soft tyres.
The two Ducati drivers, Jorge Lorenzo and Andrea Dovizioso, finished P7 and P8 respectively, with Dani Pedrosa following in P9.
Alvaro Bautista was the last rider to seal his place in Q2, leaving the likes of Danil Petrucci – who crashed at Turn 11 – and Johann Zarco, also a faller, with work to do in Q1 later on Saturday afternoon.
"Home Sweet Home"
— MotoGP™??? (@MotoGP) June 27, 2017
1. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 1m 20.745s [Lap 30/33] 291km/h (Top Speed)
2. Maverick Viñales ESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 1m 20.915s 0.170s [27/28] 295km/h
3. Jonas Folger GER Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1)* 1m 21.198s 0.453s [25/25] 291km/h
4. Aleix Espargaro ESP Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 1m 21.209s 0.464s [22/25] 290km/h
5. Cal Crutchlow GBR LCR Honda (RC213V) 1m 21.275s 0.530s [26/28] 291km/h
6. Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 1m 21.311s 0.566s [22/22] 292km/h
7. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP17) 1m 21.373s 0.628s [25/26] 294km/h
8. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP17) 1m 21.422s 0.677s [22/23] 293km/h
9. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 1m 21.480s 0.735s [28/28] 293km/h
10. Alvaro Bautista ESP Pull&Bear Aspar Team (Desmosedici GP16) 1m 21.497s 0.752s [26/27] 294km/h
11. Tito Rabat ESP Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V) 1m 21.608s 0.863s [25/28] 288km/h
12. Danilo Petrucci ITA Octo Pramac Racing (Desmosedici GP17) 1m 21.623s 0.878s [19/25] 293km/h
13. Hector Barbera ESP Reale Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP16) 1m 21.658s 0.913s [22/28] 294km/h
14. Jack Miller AUS Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V) 1m 21.835s 1.090s [18/28] 289km/h
15. Scott Redding GBR Octo Pramac Racing (Desmosedici GP16) 1m 21.897s 1.152s [20/23] 291km/h
16. Alex Rins ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR)* 1m 21.925s 1.180s [26/29] 291km/h
17. Johann Zarco FRA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1)* 1m 21.934s 1.189s [27/27] 291km/h
18. Pol Espargaro ESP Red Bull KTM Factory Racing (RC16) 1m 21.945s 1.200s [18/27] 292km/h
19. Andrea Iannone ITA Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 1m 22.018s 1.273s [27/28] 294km/h
20. Loris Baz FRA Reale Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP15) 1m 22.089s 1.344s [21/24] 291km/h
21. Bradley Smith GBR Red Bull KTM Factory Racing (RC16) 1m 22.350s 1.605s [23/23] 289km/h
22. Mika Kallio FIN Red Bull KTM Factory Racing (RC16) 1m 22.380s 1.635s [24/30] 289km/h
23. Sam Lowes GBR Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP)* 1m 22.569s 1.824s [4/17] 289km/h
24. Karel Abraham CZE Pull&Bear Aspar Team (Desmosedici GP15) 1m 22.724s 1.979s [19/24] 290km/h