Ducati's Andrea Dovizioso won the Italian MotoGP at Mugello ahead of Yamaha's Maverick Vinales and Pramac's Danilo Petrucci on Sunday.
Halfway through the race, Dovizioso surged to the front rounding Vinales to hold on and take the victory.
The win was the Italian’s first in dry conditions. What makes it even better is that he was suffering from food poisoning earlier in the day.
With five laps remaining Vinales fought back but could not catch the Ducati.
Yamaha's home crowd favourite Valentino Rossi finished in fourth place having being contention with the leading group challenging for a podium spot.
In fifth spot was Aspar's Alvaro Bautista ahead of Honda's reigning world champion Marc Marquez while Frenchman Johann Zarco on his Monster Yamaha Tech 3 finished seventh.
Closing out the top-10 were the Ducati duo of Jorge Lorenzo, Michele Pirro while Suzuki's Andrea Iannone claimed 10th place.
Repsol Honda rider Dani Pedrosa tried to overtake LCR Honda Cal Crutchlow on the final lap while fighting for 11th place but both crashed out and did not finish the race.
Italian MotoGP results:
1. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP17) 41m 32.126s
2. Maverick Viñales ESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 41m 33.407s
3. Danilo Petrucci ITA Octo Pramac Racing (Desmosedici GP17) 41m 34.460s
4. Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 41m 35.811s
5. Alvaro Bautista ESP Pull&Bear Aspar Team (Desmosedici GP16) 41m 37.928s
6. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 41m 38.011s
7. Johann Zarco FRA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1)* 41m 45.331s
8. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP17) 41m 46.519s
9. Michele Pirro ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP17) 41m 47.006s
10. Andrea Iannone ITA Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 41m 47.628s
11. Tito Rabat ESP Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V) 41m 54.130s
12. Scott Redding GBR Octo Pramac Racing (Desmosedici GP16) 41m 57.078s
13. Jonas Folger GER Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1)* 42m 0.286s
14. Hector Barbera ESP Reale Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP16) 42m 2.802s
15. Jack Miller AUS Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V) 42m 2.905s
16. Karel Abraham CZE Pull&Bear Aspar Team (Desmosedici GP15) 42m 14.432s
17. Sylvain Guintoli FRA Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 42m 18.420s
18. Loris Baz FRA Reale Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP15) 42m 22.857s
19. Sam Lowes GBR Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP)* 42m 22.866s
20. Bradley Smith GBR Red Bull KTM Factory Racing (RC16) 42m 23.023s
Cal Crutchlow GBR LCR Honda (RC213V) DNF
Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) DNF
Aleix Espargaro ESP Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) DNF
Pol Espargaro ESP Red Bull KTM Factory Racing (RC16) DNF