Movistar Yamaha MotoGP rider Valentino Rossi fought off his chest and stomach injuries to end quickest at Saturday’s Free Practice 3 session ahead of the Italian MotoGP which takes place at Mugello on Sunday.
The 38-year-old Italian finished the session 0.322s ahead of Repsol Honda's Marc Marquez and 0.368s ahead of Jorge Lorenzo on his Ducati in third spot.
Have a look at the combined times, headed by @ValeYellow46
— FOX Sports LIVE! (@FSAsiaLive) June 3, 2017
Apar Team's Alvaro Bautista came in fourth just ahead of championship leader Movistar Yamaha's Maverick Vinales and in sixth was Tito Rabat on his Marc VDS.
Closing out the top ten were Michele Pirro (Ducati), Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati), Dani Pedrosa (Repsol Honda) and Aleix Espargaro on his Factory Aprilia Gresini.
The top ten riders after FP3 (combined times) receive direct access to the second and final part of this afternoon's qualifying session.
2017 Italian MotoGP, Mugello – Free Practice (3) Results:
1. Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 1m 46.543s
2. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) +0.322s
3. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP17) 0.368s
4. Alvaro Bautista ESP Pull&Bear Aspar Team (Desmosedici GP16) 0.416s
5. Maverick Viñales ESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 0.429s
6. Tito Rabat ESP Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V) 0.505s
7. Michele Pirro ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP17) 0.567s
8. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP17) 0.577s
9. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 0.623s
10. Aleix Espargaro ESP Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 0.630s
11. Johann Zarco FRA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 0.714s
12. Scott Redding GBR Octo Pramac Racing (Desmosedici GP16) 0.885s
13. Danilo Petrucci ITA Octo Pramac Racing (Desmosedici GP17) 0.886s
14. Cal Crutchlow GBR LCR Honda (RC213V) 0.913s
15. Hector Barbera ESP Reale Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP16) 0.985s
16. Andrea Iannone ITA Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 1.023s
17. Jonas Folger GER Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 1.081s
18. Pol Espargaro ESP Red Bull KTM Factory Racing (RC16) 1.474s
19. Loris Baz FRA Reale Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP15) 1.553s
20. Sam Lowes GBR Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 1.686s
21. Jack Miller AUS Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V) 1.794s
22. Bradley Smith GBR Red Bull KTM Factory Racing (RC16) 1.988s
23. Karel Abraham CZE Pull&Bear Aspar Team (Desmosedici GP15) 2.008s
24. Sylvain Guintoli FRA Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 2.669s