Dani Pedrosa remained at the top of the timesheets following the second practice session for the Spanish Grand at Jerez.
The Spaniard was half a second quicker than Jack Miller with a fastest time of 1:39.420 as Cal Crutchlow was a further tenth behind in third spot.
Jorge Lorenzo was eight tenths off the pace in fourth spot as Maverick Vinales and Aleix Espargaro recovered from early crashes to finish P6 and P10 respectively.
Conditions were much more favourable compared to cold and wet that the riders faced in the first free practice session on Friday morning.
— MotoGP™ (@MotoGP) May 5, 2017
With the sun blaring and a drying track to work with, all teams were quick to make up for the limited running they were forced into earlier in the day.
But a few lingering damp patches caused problems in the opening stages as former Suzuki team-mates Aleix Espargaro and Maverick Vinales both crashed out at Turn 9 within the first 15 minutes.
Pedrosa, fastest in free practice one, was the first rider to dip into the 1:40 barrier as the lap times continued to tumble.
Heading into latter stages of the second session, the riders re-emerged with soft tyres. Lorenzo and Crutchlow quick swapped as the session leader before Pedrosa returned to the top with a stunning 1:39.420.
That time would not be beaten as Honda produced another strong showing in Jerez.
Reigning World Champion Marc Marquez, in P14, finished 1.4 seconds off the pace but did not switch to the soft rubber, while current World Championship leader Valentino Rossi came P12. Both now under pressure to make the cut into Q2.
Saturday's third practice session at Jerez will begin at 09:55 local time.
— Repsol Honda Team (@HRC_MotoGP) May 5, 2017
The full FP2 timesheet:
. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 1m 39.420s
2. Jack Miller AUS Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V) 1m 39.964s 0.544s
3. Cal Crutchlow GBR LCR Honda (RC213V) 1m 40.045s 0.625s
4. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP17) 1m 40.291s 0.871s
5. Danilo Petrucci ITA Octo Pramac Racing (Desmosedici GP17) 1m 40.378s 0.958s
6. Maverick Viñales ESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 1m 40.379s 0.959s
7. Alvaro Bautista ESP Pull&Bear Aspar Team (Desmosedici GP16) 1m 40.392s 0.972s
8. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP17) 1m 40.428s 1.008s
9. Aleix Espargaro ESP Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 1m 40.479s 1.059s
10. Pol Espargaro ESP Red Bull KTM Factory Racing (RC16) 1m 40.573s 1.153s
11. Scott Redding GBR Octo Pramac Racing (Desmosedici GP16) 1m 40.639s 1.219s
12. Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 1m 40.698s 1.278s
13. Jonas Folger GER Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1)* 1m 40.773s 1.353s
14. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 1m 40.915s 1.495s
15. Johann Zarco FRA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1)* 1m 41.019s 1.599s
16. Andrea Iannone ITA Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 1m 41.165s 1.745s
17. Tito Rabat ESP Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V) 1m 41.165s 1.745s
18. Bradley Smith GBR Red Bull KTM Factory Racing (RC16) 1m 41.432s 2.012s
19. Takuya Tsuda JPN Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 1m 41.887s 2.467s
20. Sam Lowes GBR Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP)* 1m 41.905s 2.485s
21. Karel Abraham CZE Pull&Bear Aspar Team (Desmosedici GP15) 1m 41.909s 2.489s
22. Loris Baz FRA Reale Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP15) 1m 42.515s 3.095s
23. Hector Barbera ESP Reale Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP16) 1m 42.630s 3.210s