Team Suzuki Ecstar rider Maverick Vinales topped the time-sheets after the second free practice session for the German MotoGP at Sachsenring on Friday.
Vinales posted a time of 1'22.161s which was 0.220s ahead of FP1 pacesetter Ducati's Andrea Iannone, who was followed by Marc Marquez on his Honda 0.614s behind in third.
The Movistar Yamaha duo of Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo, who crashed in FP1 seemed to be struggling for pace and finished 14th and 16th respectively.
With 20 minutes left to run, Vinales crashed at turn 11 while setting the pace and in his absence Marquez got P1 but when he returned, Vinales went quicker to claim his P1 back and was followed by Iannone who bettered Marquez’ time.
— MotoGP™ (@MotoGP) July 15, 2016
Ducati's Andrea Dovizioso ended in fifth place 1’22.930 ahead of Aleix Espargaro on the Ecstar GSX-RR in sixth.
Next was Hector Barbera of Avintia Racing and then came Danilo Petrucci on his GP15 Ducati with team-mate Scott Redding in ninth while Yonny Hernandez completed the top ten on his Bear Ducati with a time of 1'23.123s.
FP2 times for the German MotoGP at Sachsenring:
1. Maverick Viñales – Team Suzuki Ecstar – 1m 22.161s
2. Andrea Iannone – Ducati Team – +0.220s
3. Marc Marquez – Repsol Honda Team – +0.614s
4. Cal Crutchlow – LCR Honda – +0.656s
5. Andrea Dovizioso – Ducati Team – +0.769s
6. Aleix Espargaro – Team Suzuki Ecstar – +0.792s
7. Hector Barbera – Avintia Racing – +0.854s
8. Danilo Petrucci – Octo Pramac Yakhnich – +0.892s
9. Scott Redding – Octo Pramac Yakhnich – +0.900s
10. Yonny Hernandez – Aspar MotoGP Team – +0.962s
11. Pol Espargaro – Monster Yamaha Tech 3 – +1.239s
12. Bradley Smith – Monster Yamaha Tech 3 – +1.299s
13. Jack Miller – Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS – +1.324s
14. Valentino Rossi – Movistar Yamaha MotoGP – +1.373s
15. Dani Pedrosa – Repsol Honda Team – +1.579s
16. Jorge Lorenzo – Movistar Yamaha MotoGP – +1.663s
17. Alvaro Bautista – Factory Aprilia Gresini – +1.797s
18. Stefan Bradl – Factory Aprilia Gresini – +1.955s
19. Tito Rabat – Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS – +2.585s
20. Eugene Laverty – Aspar MotoGP Team – +2.750s
21. Loris Baz – Avintia Racing – +2.888s