Marc Marquez was the fastest man at the end of the second practice session in Brno at the Czech Republic MotoGP on Friday.
The Spaniard posted a 1:56.513s fastest lap, 0.076 seconds ahead of Jorge Lorenzo in second place. However, the Yamaha rider's time from the morning session remained unbeaten.
The session was punctuated by a series of crashes, which saw veteran Valentino Rossi fall for the first time in the 2015 season.
Yamaha reported that the accident was not rider error, but rather caused by fluid spilling out from Dani Pedrosa's bike which may have had a mechanical issue. The Spaniard had crashed earlier, with his Honda bursting into flames shortly after.
Pedrosa was later seen in the team garage with ice on his left foot. The 29-year-old did not return to the track for the remainder of the session.
Meanwhile, Rossi would get back on the bike and post the fourth fastest time, behind Andrea Iaonnone on his Ducati in third.
Later, Andrea Dovizioso got it wrong at turn five; resulting in a premature end to this session. Britain's Bradley Smith followed Dovizioso into the gravel trap on turn five shortly after and Mike Di Meglio also joined the casualty list, walking away from his broken bike after a slip at turn three.
But the action wasn't done yet, as leader Marquez lost the front in the middle of the long turn seven. The Spaniard nearly rode out the wobble on his knee but lost control on his way to the gravel.
1. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 1m 56.513s
2. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 1m 56.589s 0.076s
3. Andrea Iannone ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP15) 1m 56.750s 0.237s
4. Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 1m 57.074s 0.561s [5/13] 305km/h
5. Pol Espargaro ESP Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 1m 57.078s 0.565s
6. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP15) 1m 57.178s 0.665s [3/12] 314km/h
7. Aleix Espargaro ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 1m 57.202s 0.689s
8. Cal Crutchlow GBR CWM LCR Honda (RC213V) 1m 57.229s 0.716s
9. Bradley Smith GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 1m 57.494s 0.981s
10. Yonny Hernandez COL Octo Pramac Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 1m 57.544s 1.031s
11. Danilo Petrucci ITA Octo Pramac Racing (Desmosedici GP14.1) 1m 57.575s 1.062s
12. Maverick Viñales ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 1m 57.607s 1.094s
13. Hector Barbera ESP Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14 Open) 1m 57.718s 1.205s
14. Scott Redding GBR Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V) 1m 57.860s 1.347s
15. Stefan Bradl GER Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 1m 58.484s 1.971s
16. Jack Miller AUS CWM LCR Honda (RC213V-RS) 1m 58.512s 1.999s
17. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 1m 58.631s 2.118s
18. Loris Baz FRA Forward Racing (Forward Yamaha) 1m 58.678s 2.165s
19. Nicky Hayden USA Aspar MotoGP Team (RC213V-RS) 1m 58.812s 2.299s
20. Alvaro Bautista ESP Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 1m 59.120s 2.607s
21. Eugene Laverty IRL Aspar MotoGP Team (RC213V-RS) 1m 59.305s 2.792s
22. Mike Di Meglio FRA Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14 Open) 1m 59.482s 2.969s
23. Alex De Angelis RSM E-Motion IodaRacing (ART) 1m 59.680s 3.167s
24. Claudio Corti ITA Forward Racing (Forward Yamaha) 2m 00.781s 4.268s
25. Karel Abraham CZE AB Motoracing (RC213V-RS) 2m 01.261s 4.748s