Abt Audi Sport driver's Daniel Abt topped the timesheets on day three of Formula E testing at Donington Park, posting a new lap record.
After two days of testing last week, Formula E action returned to Donington on Monday, and it was Abt who led the way from Nicolas Prost, with Sam Bird third fastest.
Abt's time of 1:30.250 with 10 minutes left on the clock was eight tenths faster than the lap record set by Sebastien Buemi last week, and 0.771s quicker than the Renault e.dams of Prost.
“When Buemi said that a 1:29s was possible last week that really motivated me,” Abt said at the conclusion of the day's testing.
“It was a positive day. There was no stopping on track and that’s the main thing. That meant I could just drive and performance-wise we were really good.”
Prost recovered from an early gearbox issue to record a 1:31.021, while Virgin Racing's Bird notched up a best time of 1:31.023. Dragon Racing's Loic Duval was fourth fastest with a 1:31.144, ahead of the two Venturi's of Jacques Villeneuve (1:31.193) and Stephane Sarrazin (1:31.680).
Monday's testing times:
1. Daniel Abt Abt Audi Sport 1:30.250s
2. Nicolas Prost Renault e.dams 1:31.021s
3. Sam Bird DS Virgin Racing 1:31.023s
4. Loic Duval Dragon Racing 1:31.144s
5. Jacques Villeneuve Venturi 1:31.193s
6. Stephane Sarrazin Venturi 1:31.680s
7. Bruno Senna Mahindra Racing 1:31.696s
8. Nick Heidfeld Mahindra Racing 1:31.805s
9. Nicolas Lapierre Team Aguri 1:32.694s
10. Sebastien Buemi Reanult e.dams 1:35.318s
11. Oliver Turvey Team China Racing 1:36.773s
12. Nelson Piquet Jr Team China Racing 1:37.460s
13. Jarno Trulli Trulli no time set
14. Simona De Silvestro Andretti Autosport no time set