Abt Schaeffler driver Lucas di Grassi broke the Formula E lap record with a time of 1:29.920s on day four of pre-season testing at Donington Park on Tuesday.
Di Grassi used the 200kw qualifying mode to break the new lap record his team-mate Daniel Abt set yesterday.
The Brazilian was well clear of his rivals, who were headed by Renault e.dams' driver Sebastien Buemi.
"I have to say that going for the time is not as important as working on the reliability of the car," said di Grassi.
"Of course working on the performance is important, but we know that performance here doesn't necessarily translate to what we will see at the other tracks. I think the lap time shows promise and it's good to know that our package is running well at 200kw."
In a chat with fiaformulae.com, Buemi said that he felt there were things that could be done to improved their qualifying time.
"To be honest we focussed on race simulations or at least 150kw stints and we learned a lot of things. We feel like there are things we can still improve on the car in terms of performance and reliability.
"We trust our people and our system and we will work hard to get the most out of the car for the rest of testing. Clearly we don't want to show our hand but you also need to experience what you are capable of doing. You try to play the game and see what happens.
"Abt look strong which is good but I'm confident with the people we have we can do a good job."
All the pre-season testing results: (Day 4)
1. Lucas di Grassi, ABT Schaeffler Audi Sport, 1:29.920s
2. Sebastien Buemi, Renault e.dams, 0.462s
3. Bruno Senna, Mahindra Racing, 0.750s
4. Nick Heidfeld, Mahindra Racing, 0.754s
5. Nicolas Prost, Renault e.dams, 0.757s
6. Jean-Eric Vergne, DS Virgin Racing, 1.005s
7. Jerome D'Ambrosio, DRAGON RACING, 1.224s
8. Nathanael Berthon, Team Aguri, 1.265s
9. Stephane Sarrazin, Venturi, 1.321s
10. Jacques Villeneuve, Venturi, 1.569s
11. Nelson Piquet Jr, NEXTEV TCR, 4.213s
12. Oliver Turvey, NEXTEV TCR, 5.850s
13. Jarno Trulli, Trulli, no time set
14. Simona de Silvestro, Andretti, no time set