Marc Marquez says he is putting his controversial clash with Valentino Rossi at the Malaysian MotoGP behind him as he looks toward the final race of the season at Valencia.
Last week, Repsol Honda's Marquez crashed out of the race at Sepang after making contact with Yamaha rival Rossi in an incident that will be talked about for years to come.
Rossi received three Penalty Points as a result and will start from the back of the grid in the title decider on November 8.
There has been no shortage of recriminations between the two riders, each of whom is blaming the other for the collision, but Marquez says he is ready to move on.
“During the whole weekend, I think we were really competitive and we had a good pace. I also have to congratulate Dani [Pedrosa] as he raced at a spectacular pace. And, of course, for claiming victory,” said Marquez.
“Everyone was able to see what happened in the race and I've said everything I had to say. Right now, I'm only thinking about Valencia, enjoying that GP and giving you all a good race.
“So this week, when I get home it's off to training hard, which is what I like best. Being able to work alongside my brother, Alex and focusing on some of the routines that we tend to do is what I'm mostly in the mood for now before travelling to Valencia,” added the 22-year-old in his official Repsol blog.
“The nicest thing about Cheste is that it's one of the circuits of the year in which we race in front of our own fans, and that's always special. Also, because it's the last one of the year, the energy there is always amazing, and that's something you notice every single day of the GP from the day you get there.”