Kawasaki's Tom Sykes was quickest at the World Superbike testing on day one at Jerez on Tuesday with Ducati, Honda and Yamaha just off the pace.
The Jerez test is the first time that teams – Kawasaki, Ducati, Honda, Yamaha, MV Agusta and BMW have all been in action at the same time this year.
After the Tuesday's session, Sykes was quickest on his new Kawasaki ZX-10R with a time of 1min 40.882secs, ahead of Aruba.it Ducati's Chaz Davies on 1m 41.041s.
World champion Jonathan Rea made was third on his Kawasaki, while Nicky Hayden on the Honda CBR1000RR was fourth fastest on 1m 41.371s.
Alex Lowes on the new PATA Crescent Yamaha R1 finished fifth fastest ahead of Davide Giugliano, Michael van der Mark and Xavi Fores.
Next on the second Yamaha was Sylvain Guintoli and Leon Camier on the MV Agusta ahead of Sylvain Barrier on the Pedercini Kawasaki.
Unofficial leading lap times from the first day of testing at Jerez, Spain.
1. Tom Sykes – Kawasaki Racing ZX-10R 1m 40.882s
2. Chaz Davies – Aruba.it Racing Ducati 1199R 1m 41.041s
3. Jonathan Rea – Kawasaki Racing ZX-10R 1m 41.210s
4. Nicky Hayden – Honda Racing CBR1000RR 1m 41.371s
5. Alex Lowes – PATA Crescent Yamaha R1 1m 41.505s
6. Davide Giugliano – Aruba.it Racing Ducati 1199R 1m 41.792s
7. Michael van der Mark – Honda Racing CBR1000RR 1m 41.891s
8. Xavi Fores – Barni Ducati 1199R 1m 41.900s
9. Sylvain Guintoli – PATA Crescent Yamaha R1 1m 42.165s
10. Leon Camier – MV Agusta F4 RC 1m 42.896s
11. Sylvain Barrier – Pedercini Kawasaki Racing ZX-10R 1m 43.836s
12. Josh Brookes – Milwaukee BMW S1000RR 1m 43.923s