Marc Marquez took a big step towards retaining his MotoGP title at Phillip Island on Sunday with a crucial victory.
A sixth win of the season helped reigning world champion Marquez stretch his lead in the standings to 33 points as his main title rival Andrea Dovizioso finished well down the field in 13th place.
Valentino Rossi grabbed second place after a titanic battle with Johann Zarco, who was then pipped into fourth place as Maverick Vinales edged him right at the death.
Cal Crutchlow finished fifth with Andrea Iannone coming in sixth.
Dovizioso had battled his way into 11th place after fighting with Dani Pedrosa for most of the race, but lost two places and crucial points on the last corner as Scott Redding and Pedrosa raced past him.
Marquez grabbed the lead with seven laps to go and then never looked like losing it, pulling away from the rest of the field for the win.
Can anyone stop him?
— FOX Sports Asia (@FOXSportsAsia) October 22, 2017
1. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda (RC213V) 40m 49.772s
2. Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha (YZR-M1) 40m 51.571s
3. Maverick Viñales ESP Movistar Yamaha (YZR-M1) 40m 51.598s
4. Johann Zarco FRA Monster Yamaha Tech3 (YZR-M1)* 40m 51.614s
5. Cal Crutchlow GBR LCR Honda (RC213V) 40m 53.617s
6. Andrea Iannone ITA Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 40m 53.643s
7. Jack Miller AUS EG 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V) 40m 55.391s
8. Alex Rins ESP Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR)* 41m 1.980s
9. Pol Espargaro ESP Red Bull KTM Factory (RC16) 41m 6.023s
10. Bradley Smith GBR Red Bull KTM Factory (RC16) 41m 6.034s
11. Scott Redding GBR Octo Pramac (GP16) 41m 11.424s
12. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda (RC213V) 41m 11.440s
13. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (GP17) 41m 11.464s
14. Karel Abraham CZE Pull&Bear Aspar (GP15) 41m 15.882s
15. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Ducati Team (GP17) 41m 15.940s
16. Tito Rabat ESP EG 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V) 41m 16.024s
17. Alvaro Bautista ESP Pull&Bear Aspar (GP16) 41m 26.149s
18. Loris Baz FRA Reale Avintia (GP15) 41m 29.426s
19. Sam Lowes GBR Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP)* 41m 30.172s
20. Hector Barbera ESP Reale Avintia (GP16) 41m 35.673s
21. Danilo Petrucci ITA Octo Pramac (GP17) 41m 38.540s
22. Broc Parkes JPN Monster Yamaha Tech3 (YZR-M1) 41m 47.483s
Aleix Espargaro ESP Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) DNF