Unai Simon, 22, is reportedly attracting interest from Real Madrid amid criticism of goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois.
Thibaut Courtois made the move to Real Madrid in 2018, but he is already seemingly under pressure in Spain.
Life at the Santiago Bernabeu has not gone according to plan for the former Chelsea goalkeeper.
And Madrid already have their eyes on a potential replacement…
TOP STORY – MADRID EYE SIMON AS COURTOIS REPLACEMENT
Real Madrid have identified Athletic Bilbao goalkeeper Unai Simon as a potential replacement for Thibaut Courtois, according to El Desmarque.
Courtois swapped Chelsea for Madrid in 2018, yet the Belgium international has not convinced amid growing criticism in the Spanish capital.
Simon has reportedly attracted interest from Madrid, who would need to pay the 22-year-old’s €50million release clause.
– Sport claims Barcelona are ready to offload midfielders Ivan Rakitic, Carles Alena and Riqui Puig in January. Rakitic has been heavily linked to Serie A side Inter, while Tottenham are rumoured to be interested in Alena.
— The Sun Football (@TheSunFootball) October 22, 2019
– Sport Bild says Schalke goalkeeper Alexander Nubel has turned down offers from Manchester United, Paris Saint-Germain, Atletico Madrid, RB Leipzig and Roma. The 23-year-old only wants to join Bayern Munich should he leave Schalke when his contract expires at the end of the season.
– The German publication also claims Ralf Rangnick is a candidate to replace Niko Kovac if Bayern Munich decide to part with their current head coach. Bild, however, also says Rangnick is a candidate at Manchester United.
– Calciomercato says AC Milan and Borussia Dortmund are interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Lars Lukas Mai. Dortmund is believed to be the teenager’s favoured destination.
– Real Madrid have informed Brahim Diaz he can leave the LaLiga club, reports AS. It comes less than a year after his arrival from Manchester City.