Kompany's omission from the side came after disappointing performances against Liverpool in the league and Barcelona in the UEFA Champions League, with City losing both matches 2-1.
As of right now, City head coach Manuel Pellegrini has refused to confirm whether Kompany will win his place back in the starting XI when the club visit Burnley on March 14.
However, Hart, who last year found himself dropped form the Citizens' side, has rallied behind the Belgian and believes that Kompany will be back to his best in no time at all.
"Vinny appreciates, same as we all do, that sometimes the manager will change the squad," Hart told the Manchester Evening News. "There is no-one destined to play every single game – I have learned that lesson.
"Vinny's an unbelievable player, one of the best I have ever played with, and this was his night off.
"I'm sure he will be back in the team again with that captain's armband, being one of the best defenders in world football."
Hart admitted that spending six weeks on the sidelines while Costel Pantilimon took his place in goal last year was one of the lowest points of his career.
"It was how it went for me [being dropped]," he said. "That was my path at that time – you have to make the best of it, and I like to think I've done that."