Former Manchester United and Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho says his next job will not be in the Premier League.
Jose Mourinho has confirmed his next job will not be at a Premier League club.
The 56-year-old has worked as a television pundit since leaving Manchester United last December.
He was linked with a return to Real Madrid, but they instead appointed Zinedine Zidane, while Bayern Munich are also reportedly interested.
Mourinho has been pictured watching a Ligue 1 game and took in the Premier League fixture between Fulham and Everton earlier this month.
And having earlier denied he could return to his homeland to take charge of Benfica, the Portuguese has offered a hint as to his next move.
“I’m back in London, now it’s the starting point for me,” two-time Chelsea boss Mourinho told DAZN. “I think the next stop won’t be in the Premier League.
“The trophies are my guarantee of success, even against those who do everything possible to forget, but it’s not possible.
“The last trophy was the Europa League a year-and-a-half ago, someone thinks it was 20 years ago. The last final I played was eight months ago, the final of the FA Cup. Right now I’m preparing for the future.”
— Inter (@Inter_en) November 19, 2014
Mourinho, a treble-winner with Inter and also a league champion in Spain, Portugal and England, said his time out of the game has been beneficial.
“I don’t feel like I’m wasting my time because I’ve been working practically for 18 years without stopping,” he added.
“I don’t have much time to think about when you did wrong or where you did wrong. These months where I didn’t work in football every day were very useful for me.
“Where will we meet in the field? Let’s wait, I am not under pressure. In the next stage I will be prepared to the best.”