We round up the front and back pages across Europe as Friday sees the transfer rumour mill crank into gear once again.
Antoine Griezmann’s proposed move to Barcelona appears close to completion.
Griezmann has been tipped to join Barca after notifying Atletico Madrid of his desire to leave following five years in the Spanish capital.
And after months of speculation, a big-money transfer to LaLiga’s champions is looming large.
TOP STORY – BARCA PAY FOR GRIEZMANN
According to L’Equipe, Barcelona have paid the €120million release clause to sign Atletico Madrid star Antoine Griezmann.
Tensions between the two LaLiga clubs have been high after Atletico claimed Barca and Griezmann secretly negotiated a transfer in February.
— L’ÉQUIPE (@lequipe) July 11, 2019
While Barca and Atletico have reportedly denied the sum has been paid, the French World Cup winner seems destined for Camp Nou.
– Roma will sign Atalanta defender Gianluca Mancini instead of Tottenham’s Toby Alderweireld, according to Gianluca Di Marzio. After losing Kostas Manolas to Serie A rivals Napoli, Roma identified Alderweireld due to his £25m release clause, which lasts until August. However, his contract demands have reportedly proved excessive.
– According to L’Equipe, Paris Saint-Germain have relaunched their bid to sign Everton midfielder Idrissa Gueye. PSG wanted to sign Gueye in January, but they were unsuccessful.
– Inter will look to sign Eintracht Frankfurt forward Ante Rebic if they are unable to prise Romelu Lukaku from Manchester United, per Gianluca Di Marzio.
— Telegraph Football (@TeleFootball) July 11, 2019
– After missing out on Maxi Gomez to Valencia and losing Marko Arnautovic to the Chinese Super League, The Sun says West Ham will turn to Colombia forward Duvan Zapata – who spent last season on loan at Atalanta from Sampdoria – in a £40m deal.
– According to Corriere dello Sport and Tuttosport, Fiorentina star Federico Chiesa wants to join Juventus.