Hartmann brace helps down Die Lilien

FC Ingolstadt picked up their first win in five games as they came from a goal down to beat Darmstadt 3-1 at the Audi-Sportpark on Sunday evening.

FC Ingolstadt 3 Darmstadt 1
Sulu gives Die Lilien an early lead
Bauer restores parity after break
Hartmann fires Die Schanzer in front
Hartmann seals comeback win late on

Match Summary

The two Bundesliga newcomers had failed to win their last couple of matches before the international break and it was the visitors who made the better start when Aytac Sulu gave them the lead after just nine minutes.

But Die Schanzer turned the tide after the break as two goals in the space of as many minutes from Robert Bauer and Moritz Hartmann, the latter scoring from the penalty spot, saw Ralph Hasenhuttl's side in the driving seat.

Hartmann struck again two minutes from time to secure the comeback win for the hosts, who extended their unbeaten run in the league to three outings, while Die Lilien are winless in their last three encounters.

Full Report

Dominik Stroh-Engel gave the home team an early warning when he got on the end of Jan Rosenthal's ball into the box on seven minutes, but the striker fired over the crossbar.

Darmstadt then broke the deadlock two minutes later, with Sulu getting on the end of Konstantin Rausch's corner and heading home past goalkeeper Ramazan Ozcan.

Hasenhuttl's men looked to respond and Pascal Gross went close on two occasions in quick succession just after the half-hour, but he was unable to beat Darmstadt keeper Christian Mathenia, who kept out both strikes.

The visitors took their slender lead into the interval and Mathenia was called into action soon after the restart to deny Benjamin Hubner from inside the area in the opening minute.

FC Ingolstadt had been asking the majority of the questions since going behind and they finally found a reply on 58 minutes, Bauer firing in off the underside of the bar following a free-kick into the area.

Two minutes later they were in front for the first time, with Hartmann converting his penalty after the referee pointed to the spot when Gross had been brought down by Junior Diaz inside the box.

Rausch tried his luck from distance for the visitors on 73 minutes and it almost paid off as Ozcan was required to make a fine save to keep the shot out.

But the Bavarians would have the final say as Hartmann grabbed his second goal of the evening at the death, with the striker heading home from close range following a cross into the danger area by Alfredo Morales.