Liverpool reject whopping £114m Barca bid for Coutinho

Philippe Coutinho

Liverpool have reportedly rejected a third bid for midfielder Philippe Coutinho from Barcelona, believed to be in the region of a whopping £114m.

Earlier, Barcelona sporting director Robert Fernandez confirmed the club were currently negotiating a deal to sign the Brazilian.

Reds boss Jurgen Klopp has repeatedly said nothing has changed in terms of their position on Coutinho, which is that he is not for sale.

Barcelona have already had two bids for the player rejected, prompting him to submit a transfer request last week.

And on Friday, reports surfaced suggesting Barcelona had made a third bid – for no less than £114m – which the Reds also turned down.

While nothing in Liverpool’s words or actions suggest they are willing to part with Coutinho, Barca’s sporting director joined their general manager Josep Segura in suggesting a deal is close to completion.

Fernandez says he is confident Barca will acquire both Coutinho and Borussia Dortmund forward Ousmane Dembele.

“We are negotiating and that is the truth. With all respect to both clubs, logically in a negotiation you need time to reach agreements for them and for us,” he said.

“We still have days ahead and we would like to go forward with this. It is true and I recognise this, that they are two players we feel like bringing here.”

Comments