Keita Balde Diao says that he has been deeply affected by Lazio's decision not to select him for the squad set to face his suitors Juventus in the Italian Super Cup final on Sunday.
The Senegalese forward, who has been widely expected to make the switch from Rome to Turin before the end of the transfer window, says that his absence from the starting XI has affected him deeply and believes that the club have a hidden agenda in not selecting him for the clash.
"The lack of a call-up for the Super Cup Final has profoundly hurt me," the player wrote on his Twitter account.
"It is the first important match of the season, for which I had prepared and was ready for action.
"The decision made by the club, which evidently had nothing to do with purely sporting criteria, puts me in a psychologically uncomfortable position and right now I don't know how to evaluate the consequences of that," he added.
Lazio coach Simone Inzaghi had earlier commented that he was concerned over the 22-year old's commitment to the fixture, suggesting that he would like to see more effort from his young player.
"There are rumours around Keita and I will observe everything," Inzaghi had told reporters.
"In my mind, players need to give 100 percent. If I can see that in Keita, then he'll play, otherwise I'll look to someone else."