FC Bayern München CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has insisted that midfielder Arturo Vidal is not for sale at any price, amid reported interest from Inter Milan.
The 30-year-old Chilean is entering his third season at Bayern with rumours swirling of a bid from the Nerazzurri, but Rummenigge has echoed manager Carlo Ancelotti's assertion that he will not be sold.
Arturo Vidal for Bayern in the Bundesliga since 2015/16:
Most tackles won (113)
Most fouls committed (112)
Combative to say the least. ? pic.twitter.com/svIkMbk6Op
— Squawka Football (@Squawka) July 26, 2017
"I can 100 per cent rule out Arturo's departure, for us he is a fundamental player," Rummenigge told reporters.
"I have not heard from anyone at Inter so far, I just read what has been written.
"The decision to continue with Vidal was taken long ago. Ancelotti talked with him: the door is 100 per cent closed.
"This is regardless of the offer: when Bayern decide not to sell a player, the fee does not matter."
One player who was allowed to leave the Allianz Arena for Serie A was winger Douglas Costa, and Rummenigge worries that they might rue that decision if Massimiliano Allegri can get the best out of him at Juventus.
"He did very well during his first six months, playing great," Rummenigge said. "Then every now and then he would go quiet, but if Allegri manages to discipline him, he has everything needed to make a difference and become a world class player."