The Chinese FA hopes Chelsea have “learnt a good lesson” from the incident which saw Kenedy sent home from the Premier League champions’ pre-season tour.
Kenedy returned to London in disgrace from Chelsea’s Chinese tour last week after posting two racially insensitive messages on social media.
Despite both the 21-year-old and Chelsea issuing apologies, the winger was jeered by fans at the Bird’s Nest Stadium when he took to the microphone to explain his actions.
Asked about Kenedy, Conte says the player understands it was a mistake and for sure he is sorry what happened. #CFCTour
— Chelsea FC (@ChelseaFC) July 24, 2017
The English Football Association have asked Chelsea for their “observations” about the incident, and their Chinese counterparts have released a statement about the club offending one of their biggest overseas markets.
“We have taken notice of the inappropriate behaviours involving Mr Robert Kenedy, the strong reaction of the fans as well as the apologies made by Mr Kenedy himself and Chelsea Football Club,” said the CFA.
“We insist that football helps bring peoples together, not apart, build bridges and friendship, not walls and hatred.
“A professional player serves as a role model of the society and the world at large. We hope the club and the players have learnt a good lesson from the incident.”