Zidane confirms Danilo’s City move

Zinedine Zidane has confirmed reports that Danilo is on his way to Manchester City and cooled speculation linking Real to Monaco starlet Kylian Mbappe.

The Los Blancos boss admitted that the loss of the right-back so soon after Alvaro Morata's switch to Chelsea means that his squad could be short a number of players, but feels that there is more than enough time to resolve this potential issue.

Danilo's €30 million move brings the number of senior players Real have lost so far during the off-season to five, with the Brazilian joining team-mates Pepe, Fabio Coentrao, James Rodriguez and Morata in departing the Bernabeu.

"We are always considering the market," Zidane told reporters at a news conference in the US where his side are currently touring. "Danilo is gone now, Alvaro too. I am not saying we lack a forward. [But] we have one less than last season. But we will see how we manage that. We have to see what we can do.

"The players who have left are very good," the former France international continued. "And some other young players are coming in. But we always try and improve the squad."

On the topic of his reported interest in the Ligue1 champions' wonderkid Kylian Mbappe, Zizou remained diplomatic and gave little indication that there is truth in the rumours.

"There are always debates, but we are here now with 28 players," he said. "So that is what I am thinking about. Later anything can happen until the 31st of August.

"He is a good player, interests many clubs, but for me, at the moment I am thinking about my players for tomorrow's game, and preparing the season.

"Borja [Mayoral] is with us, Cristiano [Ronaldo] will come back, and until Aug. 31 anything can happen."

Comments