Barcelona have denied Neymar will be sold as reports continue to link the Brazilian with a move to French giants Paris Saint-Germain.
Sky News reported that PSG have held talks with the 25-year old player ,while Marca has said the French club are willing to pay the £197 million release clause in his contract.
The various reports suggest Neymar is unhappy at playing second fiddle to Lionel Messi at Barcelona and wants to join a club where he would be the leader.
The presence of other Brazilians including Dani Alves in Paris is also appealing to Neymar, according to sources.
Despite the reports, Barca officials said they are not overly concerned about the situation regarding his future.
“Selling Neymar is not something the club would think about,” spokesman Josep Vives told a press conference on Tuesday. “We are very calm.
“He is one of the most important players we have. We will not consider any offers we receive for him.”
Meanwhile, Barcelona sporting director Robert Fernandez said the club had not yet received any offers for the star striker..
“I don’t think that’s going to happen,” Fernandez replied when asked about a possible transfer.
“It’s not our intention to lose players, certainly not good players. We try to improve within the confines of what is possible.
“We’ve not had any offers for any players in our squad.”
PSG have been linked with Neymar before, the player eventually signing a new five-year contract last year.