Former Ghana international Kevin-Prince Boateng believes not much has been done to fight racism in football.
While still playing for Italian giants AC Milan, Boateng famously walked off the pitch during a friendly with Pro Patria in 2013, leading to the game being abandoned.
Now, in light of the incident involving compatriot and Pescara midfielder Sulley Muntari, Boateng feels the problem hasn’t been solved at all.
— Kevin-Prince Boateng (@KPBofficial) May 2, 2017
Boateng, who plays for Spanish side Las Palmas said, “I would walk off the pitch again if I was racially abused by fans.
“People just care about these incidents on the same week it happens, but then it’s not important. The issue hasn’t been solved at all,” he said.
“It happened again with Balotelli in France. Nothing changed,” he said, referring to the Italian striker’s protestations of racial abuse in Ligue 1 earlier in the year.