Thursday’s La Liga round-up

Eibar maintained their late push for Europa League football, while Valencia emerged victorious in a five goal-thriller on Thursday.

Hosts Eibar kept their European hopes alive with a 3-1 victory over Las Palmas at the Ipurua.

Los Armeros got off to a good start when Bebe opened the scoring in the 14th minute before an own-goal from Aythami Artiles doubled their lead 10 minutes later.

Mauricio Lemos gave the visitors hope when he pulled one back on 62 minutes, but Adrian sealed the win for the Basque outfit four minutes later from the penalty spot.

Jose Luis Mendilibar's side entered the league encounter on the back of a three-match unbeaten run and they went in front early on when Bebe latched onto a long ball from Antonio Luna and held off his marker to slot home inside the left post on 14 minutes.

Bebe had a hand in the second goal as well, as it was his cross from the left that took a wicked deflection off Artiles' shin and over the keeper's head into the back of the net on 24 minutes.

Los Amarillos had chances to get back into the contest, with Marko Livaja forcing home keeper Yoel into a brave block at point-blank range from Momo's low cross on the right in the 47th minute. Roque Mesa saw his effort on the rebound blocked before he blazed over when the ball bounced back into his path.

Florian Lejeune then went close three minutes later from a corner at the other end with a header at the near post that was clawed away by Raul Lizoain.

But the team from the Canary islands halved the deficit on 62 minutes with a stunning free-kick from Lemos 30 yards out that he sent arcing into the top-right corner of the net.

Any hopes they had of a comeback were quickly quashed as Eibar won a penalty for a tug on Kike Garcia from David Simon. Adrian sent his spot-kick down the middle to wrap up their second consecutive win.

Valencia made it back-to-back wins in the league as they came from a goal down to clinch a dramatic 3-2 victory over Celta Vigo at the Mestalla.

Celta went in front early on with a header from Gustavo Cabral, but the hosts hit back seven minutes before the break with Daniel Parejo levelling the scoreline.

Munir then put Los Che ahead on 67 minutes, only for Iago Aspas to restore parity from the penalty spot 10 minutes from time.

There was more drama to come, however, as Carlos Soler struck the winner for Voro's men in the 86th minute.

Celta were in buoyant mood after winning their last two outings in the top flight, and they got off to a promising start when Cabral beat the keeper to Daniel Wass' free-kick to nod home from six yards out.  

But Valencia were back on level terms before half-time following a good move down the right, which saw Simone Zaza bring down a long ball and play in Joao Cancelo with a back-heel. He crossed for Parejo to slot past Sergio Alvarez from six yards out.

The home team made a better start in the second half and they threatened the opposition goal on a couple of occasions before taking the lead on 67 minutes.

Enzo Perez slipped the ball through to Toni Lato on the left and he delivered a pin-point first-time cross for Munir to side-foot home from eight yards out.

After Munir was denied his second by a good save from Alvarez on 75 minutes, the Galicians threatened to stage a comeback when they were awarded a penalty five minutes later as Aspas was clipped by Soler inside the area.

Aspas took the spot-kick himself, firing into the bottom-right corner of the net to tie the match. But Soler made amends soon afterwards as he dinked the ball over the advancing keeper's head after being played in by Perez, who powered his way through the middle.