Guardiola hints at Hart departure

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola has not made a long-term decision on the future of England number one Joe Hart.

The 29-year-old stopper is spending the current season on loan at Serie A club Torino, although it is widely expected that he will depart City for good when he returns to England.

Speaking to the media on Tuesday, Guardiola hinted that there will be changes in personnel at the Etihad Stadium next season, before all but ruling out a return for Hart.

"We will talk about it at the end of the season," Guardiola said when asked about Hart's future, before adding that he is "so happy" with current goalkeepers Willy Caballero and Claudio Bravo.

“I trust a lot in both and we'll decide – not just the goalkeepers, the midfielders, wingers, strikers, full-backs – we are going to decide at the end of the season."

Bravo has come under criticism since making a £15.4m switch from Barcelona in August, and was replaced by Caballero for last week's dramatic 5-3 Champions League win over Monaco.

Caballero is one of several City players who are out of contract at the end of the season, and Guardiola admitted he might make several changes to his squad in the next transfer window.

Guardiola said: "There are five, six players out of contract but they know the situation.

"Of course there is a risk, maybe they can sign a contract for another club. We have to accept that.

"But we are going to decide in the last months of the season."

Comments