Vitesse see off struggling Den Haag

SBV Vitesse recorded a relatively comfortable 2-0 win over ADO Den Haag in their Eredivisie clash at the Kyocera Stadion on Friday night.

Adnane Tighadouini broke the deadlock after 29 minutes before Ricky van Wolfswinkel added a quickfire second just three minute later.

Vitesse were the stronger side from the off, with Lewis Baker coming close with an early effort.

Guyon Fernandez then skewed his shot wide from a difficult angle at the other end before heading a Randy Wolters delivery off target.

Fernandez forced Eloy Room into a good save from a better header on 15 minutes as the hosts looked to get more into this tie.

Milot Rashica was next to come close for Vitesse ahead of another saved attempt, this time from Abdenasser El Khayati, with a well-struck right footed shot from outside the box that was heading into the top corner of the net.

It was Vitesse who were to open the scoring as Tighadouini powered home a shot from outside the box into the bottom corner of the goal, after latching onto a Van Wolfswinkel ball on 29 minutes.

The provider then turned goalscorer minutes later with a strike down the centre of the Den Haag goal, leaving goalkeeper Ernestas Setkus with no chance.

The last chance of an entertaining first 45 minutes saw Fernandez fire high and wide from just left of the area.

There was little in the way of goalmouth action at the start of the second period, before Nathan latched on to a Milot Rashica cross on the hour mark and smashed his effort well over.

Rashica then saw his shot, a few minutes later, from outside the box blocked.

Kelvin Leerdam brought a save from Setkus that was arrowing into the bottom left corner of the net as Vitesse began to close the game out.

Tighadouini hit a 72nd minute effort wide ahead of a rare attempt from the home side through Randy Wolters.

Navarone Foor was next to come close to adding to the scoreline from a Guram Kashia pass while Mike Havenaar headed wide from inside the box when it may have been easier to score as the game wound down.