Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale has confirmed his recovery is “going well” after he recently went under the knife to repair his injured ankle.
The Welshman, 27, underwent a successful operation last week and is currently recuperating at home in Cardiff.
Thanks for all your messages over the last few days, just wanted to give you a quick update on my recovery!??https://t.co/da5hKV8Ses
— Gareth Bale (@GarethBale11) December 5, 2016
He is set to miss around three to four months of action but says his ankle is "feeling better every day", raising hopes that he could make a quicker-than-expected return to action.
In a video posted on social media, Bale said: "Thanks for all your messages over the last few days, just wanted to give you a quick update on my recovery!
"My recovery is going well. My ankle is feeling better every day.
"Good luck to the boys against Dortmund [in the Champions League on Wednesday] and I'll be watching here from home. Hala Madrid!"
Bale has made 16 appearances in all competitions this season, scoring seven times and providing three assists.