West Brom’s Chinese owners have assured Tony Pulis that his job is safe, despite the Baggies boss being order to pay former club Crystal Palace £3.7million.
Earlier this week, Pulis lost a High Court battle over paying a multi-million settlement to Palace, concerning the manner of his departure from Selhurst Park prior to the 2014-15 season getting underway.
A Premier League Managers’ Arbitration Tribunal had ruled against Pulis earlier this year after he told Palace he was committed to the club and then received a £2m bonus, just two days before resigning.
Pulis appealed against that decision, but the High Court ruled against him, although he insists that won’t affect either his job at West Brom, nor the club’s fortunes.
? PRESS CONFERENCE
— West Bromwich Albion (@WBA) December 2, 2016
"The Chinese owners have spoken to John [Williams, chairman] about it and they've told John: 'Tell Tony just get on with the job' and do what he's doing’,” said Pulis.
"They've known about this since it started so they've been kept well in touch.
"Yeah they do [know his side] and they've been fantastic, absolutely fantastic. I'm really, really disappointed.
“Like I say at the moment I can't say what I really want to say but there will come a time when I will be able to."