Reina: I haven’t offered myself to Barca

Pepe Reina has denied rumours that he has made himself available for a transfer to Barcelona, should Claudio Bravo complete his expected move to Manchester City.

The Napoli stopper is reported by Spanish newspaper Sport to have touted himself as a replacement for current Barca keeper Bravo, who has been tipped to join Pep Guardiola at the Etihad stadium as a replacement for the out-of-favour Joe Hart.

Bravo, whose first-team future at the La Liga champions is under threat from young Marc-André ter Stegen, is said to have agreed personal terms with the Citizens and the move is expected to be completed soon.

Amidst these rumours, Reina, who started his career ar Camp Nou, has taken to social media to set the record straight.

"Rubbish!! I haven't offered myself to anybody!! Enough lies… Forza Napoli always!! Now let's prepare for Sunday! Clear?," he tweeted on Wednesday, referring to the Partenopei's season-opener against newly-promoted Pescara. 

Regardless of the veracity of these reports, Barcelona are said to have an eye on Valencia's Diego Alves, who is in the middle of a wage dispute with his club and seems likely to request a transfer.

The 31-year-old had been promised a wage increase by the club's former president – a commitment the club can no longer fulfill given budgetary constraints.

Comments