Manchester City have completed the signing of teenage sensation Marlos Moreno, according to Colombia's Under-23 coach, Carlos Restrepo.
The Atletico Nacional forward played an integral part in his team's Copa Libertadores run this season, notching up three assists and scoring four goals in 11 appearances.
As a result of his performances, Moreno was reportedly being chased by the likes of Benfica and Sporting Lisbon.
The Citizens, who have a newly-expanded South American scouting operation run by Joan Patsy out of the capital, Buenos Aires reportedly 'secured a structured £8.23million deal for the youngster', according to the Mirror.
Coach Carlos Restrepo, who will oversee the Colombia squad at next month's major international tournament revealed that Moreno's move to City had been completed – with the English Premier League club blocking his attempts to take the striker to Brazil.
"In the case of Roger [Martinez], only yesterday they [his club] confirmed the player couldn’t come. Also, Manchester City will not let Marlos [Moreno] join either," said Restrepo at Thursday's Olympic squad unveiling.
Moreno is set to be sent out on loan for the 2016/17 season, with La Liga outfit Deportivo La Coruna said to be his next destination.