Kevin De Bruyne's agent, Patrick De Koster, has revealed that no decision has been made on whether the midfielder will stay at Wolfsburg or join Manchester City.
De Koster's comments come after De Bruyne said "I stay this season with Wolfsburg" while accepting the Lower Saxony Footballer of the Year award on Monday night. However, a Wolfsburg spokesperson told German publication kicker that De Bruyne made the comment after the player was asked to repeat the words and at the time did not know the implications of what he had said.
Speaking after the event, De Koster did not hide his fury with the fact that his client had been misled.
"I am furious by what has happened tonight," De Koster told reporters. "Kevin wanted to show respect by attending this event. No decision has been made on Kevin's future in this transfer window.
"We have yet to find out if Wolfsburg has reached any agreement with a club. Kevin remains a Wolfsburg player, and is focused on his job at the club. He also remains happy at Wolfsburg."
City have been linked to the 24-year-old throughout the summer after he enjoyed a standout 2014/15 campaign, which saw him score 10 goals and record 20 assists in the Bundesliga. Wolfsburg claim that the Citizens have not made an official bid for De Bruyne, but it has been reported that City made a £47 million offer for the Belgian last week.