Radja Nainggolan has admitted that he is considering a move to the Chelsea, after speaking to international teammates Eden Hazard and Thibaut Courtois.
According to reports in the Independent, the 28-year-old midfielder from AS Roma is said to be have been earmarked as a transfer target by incoming coach Antonio Conte. According to the player, the Italy boss wanted to sign him whilst he was still managing Juventus (2011-2014).
"He already wanted me when he was the Juventus manager, but I'd already said I would never leave Roma for Juve.
"Now he tries to get me to Chelsea. They (Hazard and Courtois) have told me to join them. I know Chelsea are a big club, but I have to take several things into account," the player said.
Nainggolan will come up against Conte's Azzuri outfit in Belgium’s opening game of the Euro 2016, when they face Italy in Lyon on Monday, 13 June.
Amidst widespread speculation from the media regarding a potential move to Stamford Bridge, Nainggolan has admitted that it won't be easy to leave Italy after a 12-year stay, having plied his trade for Serie B outfits Piacenza and Cagliari, before sealing a permanent move to Roma in 2014 following an initial loan spell.
"It’s not easy to leave Italy behind after 12 years. I need to become better, because of the transfer. In all ways. I won't leave for a small difference," he added.
"People have been talking for 10 years that I will be joining another team, but I've only played for three clubs so far."
If Nainggolan does make the move to the Blues ahead of the 2016/17 EPL season, he will most likely be competing with the likes of Nemanja Matic, Jon Obi Mikel, Cesc Fabregas, Oscar and Ruben Loftus-Cheek for a starting berth in Conte's line-up.
"Conte told me what he expects from me and what type of player I can be for him. I'll never be a player who'll score 20 goals or give 20 assists.I’m not the one who'll be in the picture all the time, but I can be important for a team. A manager who appreciates that is important for me," Nainggolan concluded.