West Ham thrash Watford

Mark Noble converted two spot kicks to steer West Ham to a 3-1 victory over Watford in the Premier League at Upton Park on Wednesday night.

  • West Ham 3-1 Watford
  • Carrol opens the scoring
  • Noble converts two penalties
  • Prodly scores for Watford
  • Deeney misses spot kick
  • Amrabat gets red-carded

Match Summary

West Ham opened the scoring in the early stages through Andy Carrol to set the tone for the action packed encounter. The Hammers were awarded two penalty kicks which were both converted by Mark Noble.

The visiting team pulled one goal back when Sebastian Prodl scored and Watford were also handed a penalty of their own late in the match which Troy Deeney fluffed.

YESSS!! 3-1 it finishes. Another win at the Boleyn! ⚒ #coyi

A photo posted by West Ham United (@whufc_official) on

Full Report

The Hammers started the match on the front-foot with their players comfortably passing the ball around in the opposition territory.

West Ham opened the scoring in the 11th minute when Dimitri Payet provided Andy Carroll with the assist. Carrol made a dashing run to beat defender Craig Cathcart inside the box to find the back of the net.

Watford goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes had his hands full early on in the match as the Hammers took the attack to them.

Attacker Jose Jurado got the first scoring chance for Watford in the 18th minute, but his low-driven shot was easily saved by goalkeeper Adrian.

The visitors began to find their feet during the match with Jurado and Nordin Amrabat leading the attack. Amrabat fancied his chances from long range but the Hammers goalkeeper managed to save the attempt.

In the 43rd minute, Diafra Sakho won his team a penalty when he was fouled by Jose Holebas inside the box. Noble stepped up to convert the spot kick and give West Ham a 2-0 lead at the break.

Goal scorers ☝️ 2-0 to the Hammers at the break! #coyi

A photo posted by West Ham United (@whufc_official) on

Early in the second half West Ham got another penalty when Michail Antonio was brought down by Almen Abdi. Noble once again was on target to convert the penalty in the 53rd minute to make it 3-0.

Watford pulled one goal back in the 64th minute when Sebastian Prodl pounced on a loose ball inside the box from a Steven Berghuis free-kick.

Both teams continued to play an open game but more goals were not forthcoming. The third penalty was awarded to Watford in the 90th minute, but Troy Deeney had his shot by goalkeeper Adrian.

Watford were reduced down to 10-men moments when Amrabat received a second yellow card.