Chelsea forward Eden Hazard has dismissed rumours linking him with a move away from Stamford Bridge to join Real Madrid at the end of the season.
The Blues are expected to undergo a major squad reconstruction under incoming manager Antonio Conte, and Hazard has been reported to be one of those heading for the exit door, with Real Madrid believed to be his next destination.
“Have I signed for Real? No, that’s not true, I do not know who said that,” Hazard said.
“For now, I am at Chelsea. I have a season to finish, and my contract ends in four years. For now, I’m here, and I am, and I want to get back on the field with Chelsea.”
Hazard has missed Chelsea’s last four matches due to the hip injury he sustained early last month, but the Belgium international reveals he is back in training, before adding that he is eager to regain his match fitness ahead of their league game against Manchester City on Saturday evening.
“I’m fine. I’ve been back training for the last three or four days,” he added. “Sometimes it does still hurt a little because I try to force it, but I hope to be ready for Chelsea’s next matches.
“Being injured is not cool, but sometimes it allows you to relax, although I prefer to be on the field.
“I am hungry for football, as always, but even more because it’s been a month that I have been on the side. I am impatient to come back, play and score.”