Lazio: United silent on Anderson

Lazio director of sport Igli Tare insists they have not received any offers for Felipe Anderson amid reported interest from Manchester United.

The Brazil international was heavily linked with a move to Old Trafford during the off-season but nothing materialised, with Tare revealing the Biancocelesti had rejected a £37 million bid from United.

Red Devils boss Louis van Gaal admitted prior to the FA Cup clash with Sheffield United on Saturday that he could enter the January market in a bid to freshen up his squad after a difficult run of results over the festive period.

But the Dutchman has yet to rekindle his interest in Anderson with 10 days of the January transfer window gone, according to the Rome outfit.

"So far we haven't received anything from Manchester United," Tare told Mediaset Premium on Saturday. "He is going through a negative period of form and he knows that, we talked a great deal.

"He has to find his calm, he is a player who is now well-known and feared. He has what it takes to emerge from this negative moment.

"We turned down a €50m offer from Manchester United on Aug. 27 and nothing has changed since then, because if he finds consistency, then he's worth much more.

"We also resisted bigger offers than that, but we have targets to achieve."

After scoring his fourth goal of the season in a 3-1 win over Fiorentina on Saturday, the 22-year-old conceded he doesn't know where his future lies.

"My future? I don't know if I'll stay in January, I'm focused only on my work because I don't live a good moment. I don't know what happens," Anderson told Sky Sport Italia.

Comments