Bournemouth and Palace share the spoils

There was no separating Bournemouth and Crystal Palace as they played to a drab goalless draw at the Vitality Stadium on Boxing Day.

  • Bournemouth 0 Crystal Palace 0
  • First half ends goalless
  • No shots on target from Palace
  • Cherries lodge four efforts on target

Match summary

Despite having the edge over their opponents for large passages of play, Bournemouth couldn't quite find the killer touch in front of goal and had to settle for a share of the spoils.

Palace, meanwhile, won't be too disappointed with a point, especially after failing to hit the target with any of their eight attempts on goal.

Full report

The Eagles made a flying start to the encounter and threatened the Cherries goal as early as the second minute, although Scott Dann's header from the centre of the box flew wide of the left-hand post.

Bournemouth eventually managed to lodge a response in the 14th minute, with Harry Arter seeing his shot from outside the box kept out by Palace goalkeeper Wayne Hennessey.

Fraizer Campbell very nearly fired Palace ahead just two minutes later, but his effort from outside the box flew just inches wide of the top-left corner.

Both sides continued to create chances but Palace could not find the target with any of their efforts, while Bournemouth also failed to capitalise when it mattered most.

Andrew Surman and Junior Stanislas squandered two late chances for the Cherries before Palace's Jordon Mutch missed two clear-cut chances from the centre of the area.

Unfortunately, there was very little improvement in front of goal after the half-time interval as both sides continued to squander chances.

Cherries duo Glenn Murray and Eunan O'Kane saw early efforts kept out by Hennessey, while respective efforts from Palace Scott Dann and James McArthur were denied by the Bournemouth defence.

There was only one other chance of note in the second half, but it was nothing more than a hit-and-hope as Junior Stanislas fired inches wide from all of 35 yards out.