Khabib Nurmagomedov says he is moving forward with his career after challenging Conor McGregor to a fight and not hearing back from him.
The undefeated Russian contender sent new lightweight champion McGregor a message on Twitter but says he has not received any reply.
"Conor you the champion now you need to fight with me," Nurmagomedov wrote. "If you run every time you look in the mirror you not going to respect yourself, your kids not going to respect you, your friends, your family won't respect you. Die like a Samurai don't chicken out please.
"I know I'm a bad matchup for you but you the champion and you need to fight the best. Irish people have history and fight for long time, you need to represent your people with honor."
— khabib nurmagomedov (@TeamKhabib) November 23, 2016
Perhaps it's no surprise that McGregor didn't respond to that message, but either way, Nurmagomedov says that he's now switching his focus to the No. 1 contender in the division, Tony Ferguson.
Ferguson is also unbeaten, having won his last nine fights, including a victory over former champion Rafael dos Anjos in his most recent bout in November.
"Conor is old news. Tony Ferguson deserves the shot more than Conor," Nurmagomedov said in a statement. "He's on a longer winning streak. Conor is 2-1 in his last three fights. I'm done talking about Conor. I'm 24-0. I'm ready to defend my undisputed championship against Tony Ferguson.
"I don't care about Conor. I care about the belt."
So far McGregor's only response to Nurmagomedov came at the UFC 205 post-fight press conference, where he said he wasn't that interested in facing the Russian, also referring to him as a "pull-out merchant" due to several previous withdrawals as a result of injuries.