Mark Hunt has revealed that the loss he suffered at the hands of Stipe Miocic at UFC Fight Night 65 in May made him strive to become better and stronger.
Hunt was pummeled by Miocic and was struck a record 361 times before he was finally knocked out in the fifth round.
Following the loss, Hunt travelled to Thailand to train at AKA and in his most recent fight against Antonio Silva at UFC 193 on November 15, the 41-year-old scored a TKO victory in the first round.
“It felt pretty good, you know,” Hunt told MMAjunkie. “The last outing I had with Stipe, he beat me down big time. That’s what you get for coming in 11 kilos (24 pounds) over the day of the fight. I paid the price for that, and I understand that.
“I went back to the drawing board and started again. I went to Mike Swick at AKA in Thailand and changed my thinking on nutrition and everything, and came back stronger. I’m going to keep coming back stronger, man. Thank you, Stipe. Hopefully, we can meet again soon.”
With Hunt having easily defeated Silva last month, he is now eyeing rematches against Junior Dos Santos, Miocic and reigning UFC heavyweight champion Fabricio Werdum.
“It’s all about power,” Hunt said. “I’ve still got a chance to make a run at it. I’ve got two more fights with the UFC, and hopefully I can get some more of these rematches with (Junior Dos Santos), Stipe (and current heavyweight champ Fabricio) Werdum. I’m ready. I’m coming.”