Hunt: Lesnar cannot beat me

Mark Hunt is brimming with confidence heading into UFC 200 on July 9 as he doesn’t believe Brock Lesnar is capable of beating him.

Hunt is currently on a two-fight winning streak, having beaten Antonio Silva and Frank Mir via knockouts, and believes that a victory over Lesnar, a former UFC heavyweight champion, would significantly increase his stock and his chances of getting a heavyweight title shot.

In order to prepare for the fight, the 42-year-old revealed that he has been working on his wrestling defence at Xtreme Couture in Las Vegas.

“I don’t really think he can take me down, and if he does I believe I can just get back up anyway,” Hunt told Inside MMA. “That’s probably the reason why people are watching, it’s Brock, Brock, Brock, Brock. That’s cool by me. I’m looking forward to the fight and to just be fighting Brock.

“He’s a huge name in sports, a lot of people are probably going to watch this fight because he’s on the card. It’s good for my stock as well. It’s great.”

Earlier this month, Hunt accused Lesnar of being “juiced to the gills” after the 38-year-old was granted an exemption from drug testing.

Hunt is no longer worried about that as he is solely focused on emerging victorious at UFC 200.

“I don’t really care about whatever is happening with the testing, I’m looking at fighting and winning the fight,” he said. “I mean it does nothing for my rankings, but it does everything for my profile, of course, because he’s such a big name.”

Comments