UFC President Dana White met with Nate Diaz on Friday, but left the meeting “abruptly” and “visibly angry”.
According to TMZ, White travelled to Stockton to meet with Diaz in order to “seal the deal for a rematch between Conor McGregor and Nate Diaz,” but that “it all went south and the UFC Prez stormed out of the tavern.”
White declined to comment on the situation further, but did admit to MMAjunkie that he “didn’t have a good day in Stockton.”
This development comes after White was seen meeting with McGregor earlier this week, after the Irishman told ESPN that he believes the rematch with Diaz will take place, if not at UFC 200 then a later date.
“It is what it is,” McGregor told ESPN. “It happens. This is the fight game. Sometimes emotions get into it. But it’s important to recognize that emotions have no place in business.
“That’s essentially what it was last night. We just set it aside. There’s no place for emotions in this. We are doing beautiful things. So let’s continue. Let’s fix it and let’s continue.”
Although McGregor seems to be back on board with the fight, White’s admission that his meeting with Diaz didn’t go smoothly suggests there are still some issues to be resolved before Diaz and McGregor would step back into the Octagon.