Silva to face Bisping in London

Anderson Silva will mark his return to the UFC from a one-year suspension with a fight against Michael Bisping at UFC Fight Night in London in February next year. 

Silva received the ban after admitting that he took Oxazepam and Temazepam, both of which are banned substances, during his bout with Nick Diaz at UFC 183 in January this year. 

The former UFC middleweight champion also tested positive for drostanolone, which is an anabolic steroid. However, Silva denied taking anabolic steroids, but told the Nevada Athletic Commission that he took a substance he thought was Cialis, which was given to him by an unknown friend in Thailand to help with his sexual performance. 

With Silva having failed his drug test, his fight against Diaz was overturned to no contest and he was also fined $380,000. 

The 40-year-old will head into the fight on February 27 with two losses and a no contest, while Bisping will be aiming to clinch his third consecutive victory after beating C.B. Dollaway and Thales Leites. 

Bisping initially did not want to fight Silva as he had no interest in facing fighters that had used performance enhancing drugs. But, he eventually relented and expressed his desire to go up against Silva as the Brazilian is one of the most senior fighters in the UFC. 

Should Bisping triumph over Silva, the 36-year-old has made it clear that he wants a title shot against middleweight champion Luke Rockhold as he wants to avenge his loss to him at UFC Fight Night 55 in Sydney in November last year. 

"I love it," Bisping told Yahoo Sports. "I always wanted to fight him, and I'm confident I will beat him. When I do that, I will have won four of my last five with my only loss coming to Rockhold, so I'll be pushing for the rematch."

Comments